I always feel sad on Sundays.
We used to hang out on Sundays undisturbed.
It wasn't much, but it was enough.
The live version of "I Know" by Fiona Apple is fantastic.
It's a really nice song. It is especially nice for break ups.
Ugh, what's love got to do with it anyway?
Is it really necessary?
Why does every person everywhere seek it?
Why is it at the forefront of our minds?
Is this just my perception of humanity's desire for love?
No one wants to be alone.
Right?
I have so much homework, but I can't focus.
I started a fantastic new project at the radio station today.
I interviewed my grandma regarding her life experience as a Mexican-American woman in Tucson.
It was incredible to hear her speak.
I believe in this project with all my heart.
I hope to use it for a future broadcast.
In the interview she discussed a fear that she feels has been instilled into Mexican-American people for generations.
A fear of inferiority.
This inferiority has been historically "taught" to Mexican-Americans since the U.S. took over the Southwest.
Institutionalized discrimination.
Racism.
American history seems all to painful to digest sometimes.
How is it possible to be proud when so many people lost everything because of their ethnicity/race/cultural background?
I am driven to continue to try and establish myself in this world.
I do not solely represent myself; I represent mi familia.
The ground work of the civil rights movement has been set in place for us.
Let's continue.
My success is one step closer to breaking down any existing barriers for Mexican-Americans.
I want to make my family proud.
I could write forever about this...
Grandma also talked about the promise and potential of JFK and how it relates to that of Obama.
I love my grandma.
I will have this interview to cherish for my life time.
Fiona Apple feels so good right now.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment