I feel lousy today. My head hurts. I hate blogging negativity in this, but I have to clear my head.
I had an odd dream. I dreamt I was in a car with a past love of mine (it was brief but meaningful to me). I drove the car for the two of us. I knew where I wanted to take us, but I was unable to see the highway clearly. I missed every exit. My youngest brother was with us, but he was a toddler in this dream. At one point that past love of mine held my hand and leaned on me. It was sincere, but it continued to obstruct my view of the road. My baby brother flew out the window when we tried to get him in an appropriate car seat. Scary. I managed to grab a tab on his diaper and pull him back in the car. I strapped him down in a seat belt on my lap. Eventually the 3 of us ended up in Las Vegas. I remember saying, "If we had money we could get a room, " and it happened somehow. Once we were in the room, the past love in question and I attempted to be intimate to make up for lost time. My little brother interrupted anything from happening when he entered the room choking on a marker top. I performed light abdominal thrusts on him and he vomited a blue liquid. I then reached into his mouth and pulled the top from inside. I saved him again.
My brain is an odd an emotional place. I frequently have dreams about people I have dated involving cars. However, the dreams typically involve the car being unable to work properly or exploding. I have always taken this as my subconscious telling me that the relationship can go nowhere and to move on. In this last dream the car worked. I didn't know where to go, but we got somewhere. That somewhere (Vegas) was a place I didn't want to be, and I was constantly forced to save a child (my baby brother in this case). There are the answers, right? i don't know. I do know that I went to bed thinking about this person again. I was actually worried about the situation, because I still have feelings for this person. I am just not sure if its right. Dreams speak volumes sometimes.
The last car-relationship dream I had was of someone else from the past. In this case I drove a luxury SUV (me?) that continued to break down. We went nowhere.
Another dream at another time with a different person included a car with no wheels. Again, that one went nowhere.
The scariest car-relationship dream involved the first person I ever tried to date. I was 18 when I had this first experience. I remember being really hurt by this situation. In this dream this person sat in a giant yellow school bus. I attempted to bang on the window to get this passenger's attention and warn of an oncoming disaster. No one heard me. The bus then drove onto an intertwining freeway that was raised above the ocean. The bus caught fire then crashed through a freeway wall plummeting into the sea. Devastation. This romantic experience was reflected very well in this dream. Haha.
How much power does our subconscious posses? Do we really have all the answers deep within ourselves?
I woke up today upset by this dream. I guess I feel alright now.
I just hate being alone.
I am alright though.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment