Monday, October 11, 2010

A better day (a quick blurb).

The past month has been insane.
I had not been feeling well pesonally for quite some time. 
A recent nervous breakdown had me re-evaluating my life's routine.
I have sought out some help, and after 3 weeks, I am feeing much better.
I am learning to manage my anxiety, fear, and depression in a healthy manner.
My mind has felt like a broken record playing upon on a continuous scratch.
Today the record played through sweetly.

I am working through what I have feared and repressed the most: growing up in an alcoholic home.
On Saturday I saw Everyday Sunshine; The Story Of Fishbone.
Any music fan must see this documentary on the legendary ska/funk/punk/metal band Fishbone.
In the movie there is a line about how to find peace and create our art, we must walk trough our pain and come out on the other side. 
I understood.  This "walk" has been my goal lately. 
Confront.  Grieve. Release. Live.
I am doing it.  I feel great.

I wanted to remind myself about what a great weekend it was.
There were so many moments of inspiration. 
Many of these moments were simple yet so important to me.

I took my brothers out to Tucson Meet Yourself.  We had a really great time together. 
I spent time with my grandmother.  I adore her. 
I spent time with my best pals at Congress.  Friendship makes the world a better place. 
I bought some new clothes.  A girl has to feel good about herself right?
I did my hair up in a pomp.  Confidence.
I did not have a drink.  Control.
I watched Angelo Moore rip up Rialto Theatre.  Inspiration.

All of these things seem so small and typical, but they meant everything to me.  I am fortunate to have come this far despite the obstacles my family has faced.  Living in the simpleness of life feels really good.

Words of advice:
Allow yourself to live in the moment. 
Fear, worry, and depression never solved any problem.
You deserve to feel happiness and inspiration.
Be only an observer of your past; no longer participate in the pain.
Keep your head to the sunlight.  There is always a positive.

No comments: