Monday, September 13, 2010

It's been a while.

I haven't written in here in a long time. WOW! My last few posts were so dramatic. It's funny to me, because I don't really remember those times anymore. Amen.

I'm working on my music right now. Expect some sort of professional release from me in the future. I want to call the release, As Far As The Sun. That sentence serves as a declaration as to how far I dream of going in my music career. My fingers are crossed.

I am still DJing for 91.3 KXCI FM Tucson, and today's pledge drive was awesome. Thank you to all the people who called in! We reached our goal of $30,000 during my show! That is the first time in 2 years that I have ever reached a goal during member drive. Being a part of a non-commercial radio station is amazing. So much incredible music is played on KXCI. You really can't get it anywhere else in town. Call 520-623-1000 to make a pledge or visit KXCI.ORG.

My dear friend Becky S. bought me a great book a while ago. It's all about growing up in an alcoholic home. I would like to thank Becky for getting me this book; it is really helping me out a lot lately.

You should know that my current musical OBSESSIONS are Ra Ra Riot and Janelle Monae. Check them out!

Ra Ra Riot's new album is titled, The Orchard. This band plays sweet indie pop with a beautiful string section. I am in love with Wes Mile's vocals. His voice is gorgeous!

Ra Ra Riot's "Boy" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKGfQCOyCCA


Janelle Monae! I love you! Her latest album is titled, The Archandroid. Oh Janelle. What can I say? Her performances are so high energy; she really blows me away. Her vocals are WONDERFUL. Her looks are insatiable. MAAAAAAAN. My love for Ms. Monae is deeeeep.

JM's "Tightrope": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMyc148Do_Q

Our movie, L'Abandon by Marriane Dissard premieres at The Loft on October 14, 2010 at 7PM. Please come. We are going to laugh, get wood, and love on each other. Please join us.

L'Abandon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMyc148Do_Q

J.J.

No comments: